© Stride Arts. Image courtesy of the artist.
Exhibitions at Stride Arts
QX WANG, QING XIANG WANG
aka Da Ze Ren 大泽人
QX Wang, aka Da Ze Ren, born in Shandong, Laizhou, 1942 received his Ph.D. from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He has taught for over thirty years at Henan University, China, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and St. John’s University in New York.
He has served as president of the Chinese Painters Association, academician and honorary president of the Academy of Asian Arts, president of New York Contemporary Artists and the New York Modern and Contemporary Art Research Institute.
Critics say: “QX Wang is extremely courageous in exploring his own way for renovation. He has successfully established his style which is emotional, passionate, and rich in calligraphic properties” and “Due to his unique cultural ideology, broad perspective, and art practice, he is regarded as a representative figure and his art as a significant existence in contemporary art”.
QX Wang has been widely exhibited internationally. His work has been highly coveted in China, Taiwan, Japan, USA, England, Germany, Spain, France, and elsewhere.
In Western Media
2019 “Difference Means Art”, Solo Exhibition. Baiyaxuan Art Center, 798. Beijing.
2019 “Not as What You See”, Solo Exhibition. Dahewan Art Museum, Songzhuang, Beijing.
2019 “2019 2ND Hudson International Contemporary Art Show”, New York.
2018 “2nd Grain Rain: Q. X. Wang Solo Exhibition”. Inno Art Center, Xinzhu, Taiwan.
2017 “Ceramic Art: New Vocabularies-Second National Tri-Annual Exhibition”. Guangzhou, China.
2017 “Accomplished in Dreams: Q. X. Wang’s Recent Works.” Baiyaxuan Art Center, Beijing.
2016 “Looking Back at the East: Q. X. Wang’s Art - A Parallel Show with Picasso Entering China.”
2016 “Probing East and West – Q. X. Wang, Chen Xiangdong, Zhang Lanjun.” Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall. Tai Pei.
2015 “Fukui, Hsu, Mann, Wang.” Group Show at Flynn Gallery, Greenwich Library, Connecticut.
2007 “The Unusual Way: Q. X. Wang Art Phenomenon.” Shanghai Art Museum.
2005 “Traditions Challenged.” National Art Museum of China, Beijing.
Art in America — April 2020
1. Xu Encun: “Q. X. Wang： Two-Way Transgression.” Art China 2007, No 2, Capital Normal University, Beijing.
2. Dominique Nahas: “The World of Q.X.Wang: A Sight to Hold on To: Interpretations of Q. X. Wang’s Art.” National Art Museum of China, 2005, No.3.
3. Xie Chunyan: “Q. X. Wang --- An Artist Who Gives Birth to His Works”. Contemporary Art News, 2005 No. 7. Taipei, Taiwan.
1. “Contemporary Genres: Q. X. Wang.” People’s Fine Art Publishing House. Beijing. 2010.
2. “Mind Outside Images.” Zhengzhou, China.
3. “The Unusual Way: Q. X. Wang Art Phenomenon.” Beijing, 2007.
4. “Contemporary Chinese Artists: Q. X. Wang.” Huawei Publishers. Beijing. 2006. 5. “Q. X. Wang: Selected Works. “People’s Fine Art Publishing House. 2005.